Information you do not wish to miss for Mar. 25:
1. Oakland named former San Mateo Police Chief Susan Manheimer as its interim police chief, the San Francisco Chronicle stories. Manheimer takes over for Anne Kirkpatrick, who was fired by the Oakland Police Fee and mayor final month. $$
2. Congress agreed to an enormous $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus package deal on Tuesday evening. Axios stories the deal includes a one-time $1,200 stimulus verify to all People, besides these incomes greater than $99,000 a yr. It additionally includes $367 billion for small companies; extends unemployment applications, whereas including gig-workers; and allocates $100 billion to hospitals.
3. The federal stimulus bill additionally includes $1.Three billion for Bay Space transportation businesses, the San Francisco Chronicle stories. The outlay is greater than double what the area receives yearly from the federal authorities. $$
4. Alameda County, and 6 different Bay Space counties, prolonged college closures to Could 4, SFGate stories.
5. California’s resolution six years in the past to lard its reserves within the occasion of an financial downturn is wanting like sound fiscal coverage. However the $21 billion surplus fund is more likely to be worn out due to the response to the pandemic, the Los Angeles Occasions stories. $$
6. Here is the probably impact that follows the curious quest by so many to purchase each final roll of bathroom paper. Some sanitation districts within the Bay Space are telling residents to not use t-shirts or material in its place as a result of its clogging the system, SFGate stories.
$$ = Tales you will have to pay to learn.