Information you don’t need to miss for Jan. 29:
1. Oakland moved to filter out Union Level Park, the place a waterfront homeless encampment on the Embarcadero had grown, KGO-TV stories. The town plans subsequent to take away the sprawling homeless encampment close to the Home Depot on Alameda Avenue in Oakland.
2. East Bay state Sen. Nancy Skinner launched laws on Tuesday that acknowledges 18- and 19-year-olds as juveniles in legal proceedings, SFist stories. Skinner believes rehabilitation that embrace youth-oriented packages is a greater resolution.
3. A letter despatched by Skinner final December to the Lafayette Metropolis Council took them to job for presumably violating the regulation by trying to downsize a big residence constructing within the metropolis. Regardless of some puffery from one Lafayette councilman who known as for Skinner to be investigated for alleged ethics violations, the council relented and voted to reply with a letter that acknowledges the brand new state housing legal guidelines, the East Bay Occasions stories. $$
4. Equality California, a LGBT advocacy group, pulled its endorsement of East Bay state Sen. Steve Glazer’s re-election, in accordance to the Bay Space Reporter. The transfer got here after Glazer failed to help laws that bans the gender task of intersex youngsters. The invoice died in Glazer’s committee this month.
5. The race within the open Alameda County Board of Supervisors race in District 1 is a statistical tie, in accordance to an inside ballot, the East Bay Citizen stories. The ballot revealed all 4 candidates hoping to change Supervisor Scott Haggerty are throughout the margin of error. It additionally highlighted low name-recognition for all of the candidates, state Sen. Bob Wieckowski, Dublin Mayor David Haubert, Dublin Vice Mayor Melissa Hernandez, and Fremont Councilmember Vinnie Bacon.
6. Good luck deciphering precisely what Sen. Dianne Feinstein instructed the Los Angeles Occasions about her view of President Trump’s impeachment trial. The paper initially recommended that Feinstein was leaning towards acquitting Trump and progressives in California heads practically exploded. She later mentioned her feedback have been misunderstood, Yahoo! Information stories.
$$ = Tales you could have to pay to learn.