Thursday’s Briefing: Safeway workers may go on strike; Defendant in Nia Wilson murder trial admits to crime
Drought fears are rekindled
Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 4:00 AM
Information you don’t need to miss for Feb. 13:
1. Fifteen thousand Safeway workers represented by the United Meals and Business Workers Native 5 in Northern California may be going on strike, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. The union and Safeway have been in negotiations for a 12 months and a half. The unions opposes Safeway’s proposal to pay an identical pay scale for all workers throughout the area, and are demanding extra full-time alternatives. $$
2. Extra unhealthy information for Safeway. The non-profit Public Curiosity Analysis Group gave Safeway a falling grade for its meals contamination insurance policies in a report launched Wednesday, KPIX studies. The survey additionally gave falling grades to Dealer Joe’s and Complete Meals.
3. “The person accused of murdering Nia Wilson on a BART station platform in 2018 admitted to the brazen double stabbing in court docket Tuesday, however he mentioned he believed Wilson and her sisters had been aliens and a part of a gang that had kidnapped his grandmother,” the San Francisco Chronicle studies. On Thursday morning Cowell was faraway from the courtroom in Oakland for unruly habits, NBC Bay Space studies.
4. A person was crushed, probably with a motorcycle lock, whereas on board a BART prepare that was travelling towards the Lake Merritt station, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. The sufferer was handled for accidents. $$
5. A Berkeleyside reporter was denied entry to a student-led protest final Monday morning at Berkeley Excessive College, the group information web site studies. College students held the demonstration and rally to protest the varsity’s dealing with of sexual assault complaints.
6. A couple of-third of the state is “abnormally dry,” in accordance to a federal report and that features many of the Bay Space, in accordance to the Sacramento Bee. Issues over a return of drought situations have heightened after a comparatively dry new 12 months. $$
$$ = Tales you may have to pay to learn.