Monday’s Briefing: Long-time Alameda County Supervisor Gail Steele dies; Barbara Lee to co-chair the state’s DNC delegation
Contra Costa County postpones reopening of bars, gyms, indoor eating
Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:00 AM
Information you don’t need to miss for June 29:
1. Former Alameda County Supervisor Gail Steele handed away on Friday, the East Bay Citizen report. Steele, who represented the Hayward space on the Board of Supervisors for 18 years earlier than retiring in 2010, additionally served eight years on the Hayward Metropolis Council. Her service to the public targeted strongly on advocating for the well-being of the county’s youth.
2. East Bay progressive beacons Reps. Barbara Lee and Ro Khanna will lead the California Democratic delegation as co-chairs for this summer time’s presidential conference, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda Solis can be a co-chair. $$
3. Lee additionally obtained an surprising increase from a Washington Submit opinion author who believes the long-time East Bay congresswoman needs to be thought-about as Joe Biden’s working mate. Noting one other wave of progressive wins in Congress lately, James Downie wrote, “If Biden needs to present he’s listening to these voters, there’s one title that apparently isn’t on his present vice-presidential shortlist, however needs to be: Rep. Barbara Lee.” $$
4. Contra Costa County is placing the brakes on its deliberate reopening of bars, gyms, indoor eating and different sorts of companies, KTVU studies. A rise of covid-19 instances is main county well being officers to postpone the reopening plan that was scheduled for this Wednesday.
5. Fourth of July fireworks shows are canceled all through the Bay Space this weekend, SFGate studies. That’s, official fireworks present shall be canceled.
6. Unlawful fireworks are being blamed for a vegetation fireplace that occurred on early Sunday morning in the Oak Knoll/Golf Hyperlinks space of East Oakland, the East Bay Instances studies.
7. “All Lives Matter” was spray-painted on a black-owned house in Oakland, “ABC7 studies. As well as, the similar phrase was spray-painted on automobiles in Alameda that’s house to a black household.
$$ = Tales you will have to pay to learn.