Information you do not need to miss for Dec. 20:
1. Oakland Councilmember Larry Reid tweaked his back whereas falling to the bottom after gunshots have been fired close to a vacation meals giveaway occasion on Edes Avenue, KTVU studies. The gunfire was associated to suspects chased to Oakland from a theft in Fremont.
2. Seven Democratic presidential candidates met in a debate in Los Angeles Thursday evening. Throughout a query about infinite wars, Sen. Bernie Sanders name-dropped the East Bay’s Rep. Barbara Lee and her well-known lone vote in 2001 in opposition to authorizing conflict in Afghanistan, NBC Information studies. South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg seconded his reward for Lee’s foresight practically 20 years in the past.
3. Oakland Assemblymember Rob Bonta, Oakland Metropolis Council President Rebecca Kaplan, and Hayward Assemblymember Invoice Quirk attended Thursday evening’s Democratic Debate. The East Bay Citizen studies a number of of the presidential candidates have reached out lately to Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and Bonta for endorsements. Each had earlier backed Sen. Kamala Harris, who dropped out of the race on Dec. 3.
4. BART appointed Director Lateefah Simon as its subsequent board president, the East Bay Occasions studies. Simon, who represents Richmond and elements of Oakland and Berkeley, amongst different areas, is a full-time BART rider and rising star in East Bay politics. $$
5. Within the aftermath of the Halloween evening capturing at an AirBNB in Orinda that killed 5 folks, the Orinda Metropolis Council voted Thursday evening to increase a ban on non-hosted, short-term leases, the East Bay Occasions studies.
6. A lawsuit filed in U.S. District Courtroom accuses Corteva Agriscience, a chemical firm in Pittsburg of improperly disposing of hazardous supplies for 5 years, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. $$
7. The long-awaiting “Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker” opened in theaters final evening. The early critiques aren’t good, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. In actual fact, they’re the worst because the Jar-Jar Binks car, “The Phantom Menace”. $$
$$ = Tales you might have to pay to learn.