Friday’s Briefing: Mayor Schaaf was tested for covid-19; Oakland city auditor slams Police Commission
Lawsuit asserts San Leandro Police ‘stomped’ on girl inflicting miscarriage
Fri, Might 29, 2020 at 1:50 PM
Information you do not need to miss for Might 29-31:
1. Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf was tested for covid-19 final week after having a sore throat, she instructed KCBS. The take a look at got here again damaging. “It’s just a little awkward, however it doesn’t damage,” Schaaf instructed the radio station.
2. “A blistering city audit of the Oakland Police Commission discovered that the civilian watchdog group has not accomplished a number of of its City Constitution necessities, lacks organizational construction and prompt it wields an excessive amount of energy in its potential to fireplace the police chief,” the San Francisco Chronicle studies. $$
3. Employees on the Oakland McDonald’s the place no less than 12 staff had been contaminated with coronavirus, filed a grievance with the Alameda County Public Well being Division, SF Eater studies. The grievance alleges the staff had labored whereas being sick since Might 14.
4. A lawsuit has been filed alleging San Leandro Police precipitated a lady to have a miscarriage after an officer stomped on her abdomen throughout a visitors cease in June 2019, Vice Information studies.
5. About 60 protesters marched in downtown Oakland on Friday within the aftermath of George Floyd’s demise by Minneapolis Police, ABC7 studies. Oakland is anticipating extra protests later tonight. Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose Police Departments issued an announcement condemning the officer’s actions, SFGate studies.
6. The coronavirus started spreading within the Bay Space someday in late January and early February, in line with a brand new report, the San Francisco Chronicle studies. $$
7. Alameda County will reopen its visitors courtroom for in-person instances beginning June 16, the East Bay Instances studies. The county courts will start some enterprise remotely starting on June 1. $$
$$ = Tales you’ll have to pay to learn.