Friday’s Briefing: Federal civil rights lawsuit filed against Oakland for use of tear fuel; 37 test positive for covid-19 at Hayward hospital
Activists need to take away Sir Francis Drake’s title in Marin
Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 4:00 AM
Information you do not need to miss for June 12-14:
1. Activist teams in Oakland filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the town on Thursday for its crowd-control techniques, together with the use of tear fuel, flash-bang grenades, and rubber bullets, the East Bay Occasions stories.
2. BART Board Director Debora Allen took umbrage at public feedback asserting the transit company’s police pressure has dedicated homicide previously, SFGate stories. A number of BART administrators referred to as out Allen’s feedback as racist.
3. BART board administrators on Thursday, nevertheless, selected to keep up the police division’s stage of funding for the upcoming Fiscal 12 months 2021 finances, SFGate stories.
4. Activists in Marin need to erase Sir Francis Drake’s title from a metropolis road and take away his namesake statue, ABC7 stories. Along with being an explorer, Drake was additionally a slave dealer.
5. Thirty-seven well being care staff at St. Rose Hospital in Hayward examined positive for covid-19, the East Bay Occasions stories. About half have already recuperated. $$
$$ = Tales you’ll have to pay to learn.