Friday’s Briefing: Authorities seek help finding looters who stole 29 firearms from Hayward gun store; A’s prepared to pay Coliseum rent soon
Newsom worries protests will spike new covid-19 circumstances
Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 4:00 AM
Information you do not need to miss for June 5-7:
1. Misplaced within the chaos of looting final weekend was the theft of 29 firearms from a gun store in Hayward on Sunday night time, KTVU reviews. Between 30-40 folks had been concerned within the break-in, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives mentioned. Authorities are asking for leads to find suspects and the weapons.
2. Gov. Gavin Newsom voiced issues a couple of potential spike in covid-19 circumstances due to the protests throughout the state, and, specifically, African-Individuals taking part within the demonstrations, KRON reviews. The speed of covid-19 infections amongst African-Individuals within the state has persistently been disproportionately larger than another racial demographic.
3. Early indicators of a doable “V-shaped” economic system had been seen Friday as 2.5 million new jobs had been added to the U.S. economic system in Might, CNN reviews. A month after the U.S. unemployment fee skyrocketed to 14.7 % in April, it dropped to 13.Three % final month.
4. There’s indicators the covid-19 pandemic and shelter in place orders are triggering elevated reviews of home violence within the Bay Space, the East Bay Occasions reviews. $$
5. PG&E was criticized by state regulators for failing to transfer shortly sufficient to set up gadgets that may restrict the variety of properties affected by deliberate power-shutoffs necessitated by wildfires, the Related Press reviews.
6. The Oakland A’s mentioned they may pay their $1.2 million rent cost to be used of the Coliseum as soon as protocols for gamers and stadium personnel to safely use the stadium are put in place, Sports activities Illustrated reviews. The A’s lately despatched its plan to reopen the Coliseum to the Alameda County Public Well being Division.
$$ = Tales you will have to pay to learn.